GNB ALLIES 25TH ANNIVERSARY BREAKFAST
- GNB Allies for Health and Wellness will celebrate its 25th anniversary at the Wamsutta Club in New Bedford, MA, on October 19th from 9 to 11 a.m. The special event will include a free breakfast, guest speaker (Damon Chaplin, Director of Public Health in New Bedford), and an announcement concerning mini-grant opportunities. Since space is limited, please respond to email@example.com if you plan to attend by Wednesday (October 17th) at noon.
FOURTH SATURDAY OF THE MONTH
- Kerry Mello noted that Southcoast Health has teamed up with the Gleason Family YMCA and Voices for a Healthy Southcoast for a new wellness initiative on the fourth Saturday of the month that provides free programs for area residents. It is usually held at the YMCA in Wareham and includes a walk and yoga. There are currently 20 people participating in the program.
JUNE 10, 2017
- Anne Lynch noted that Kennedy Donovan Center’s (KDC) Early Intervention Program is holding a Family Fun Day on Saturday, June 10, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. They will have many fun-filled activities, community resource tables, treats at the bake sale, and raffle items. The KDC is located at 385 Country Street in New Bedford.
FEBRUARY 25, 2017
- Helena DaSilva-Hughes noted that the Immigrants Assistance Center (IAC) will host an Immigration Community Forum entitled “Know Your Rights” on Saturday, February 25, from 10 a.m. to noon on the second floor. The IAC is located at 58 Crapo Street in New Bedford, MA.
OCTOBER 29, 2016
- Amy Sylvia noted that a Psychic Fair fundraiser for the South Shore Women’s Resource Center will be held on Saturday, October 29, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 345 Court Street, Suite B, Plymouth, MA. The admission fee is $2.
OCTOBER 22, 2016
- Amy Sylvia noted that a “Love Heels: Walk to End Domestic Violence” fundraiser for the South Shore Women’s Resource Center and The Arc of Greater Plymouth will be held on Saturday, October 22, from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Nelson Park in Plymouth, MA, followed by a Domestic Violence Vigil. The registration fee is $30 and includes a walk day T-shirt.
OCTOBER 19, 2016
- Maritza Irizarry noted that New Bedford Healthy Families is presenting an Education & Job Training Expo on October 19th from 3 to 4:40 PM. The event will take place at 385 County Street in New Bedford. There will be different vendors from various agencies and organizations.
OCTOBER 6, 2016
- Deirdre Healy noted that Tuesdays with Morrie author Mitch Albom will speak at UMass Dartmouth on Thursday, October 6 at 7 p.m. in the Main Auditorium. Albom’s talk, entitled “Giving is Living,” will focus on the importance of active citizenship and living a meaningful life and will be followed by a book signing. Admission is $25 ($5 for UMass Dartmouth students).
SEPTEMBER 30, 2016
- Arthur Briggs reported that New Bedford Connect, the city’s first annual fair putting homeless services under one roof, was a success. The event, which took place on September 30th from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., was organized by Rise Up for Homes and the Homeless Providers Network (HPN) in the city.